psalm 8:2 esv

A Psalm of Asaph. To the choirmaster: according to The p Gittith. ◄ Psalm 8:2 ► Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings have you ordained strength because of your enemies, that you might still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When my enemies turn back,    they stumble and perish before[d] your presence.4 For you have (S)maintained my just cause;    you have (T)sat on the throne, giving righteous judgment. Psalm 2:8. ESV Illuminated Scripture Journal: 27-Volume Old Testament Boxed Set, ESV Illuminated Scripture Journal: 19-Volume New Testament Boxed Set, ESV Student Study Bible, Trutone, Chestnut, ESV Women's Study Bible--soft leather-look, teal, ESV Student Study Bible, TruTone, Sky Blue with Ivy Design, ESV Study Bible, Large Print, TruTone, Mahogany with Trellis Design. NLT You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength, silencing your enemies and all who oppose you. Font Size. 1 A Psalm of David.. 1 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your q name in all the earth! Psalm 8:2 English Standard Version (ESV) 2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. Subscribe to a study package to unlock the ESV Study Bible, the interactive Knowing the Bible study series, the Preaching the Word commentary series, and more. 7 But the Lord sits enthroned forever;    he has established his throne for justice,8 and he (W)judges the world with righteousness;    he (X)judges the peoples with uprightness. A Psalm of David. Learn More. Jerusalem—built as a city that is bound firmly together, to which the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, as was decreed for Israel, to give thanks to the name of the LORD. Cited Matt. [1] A Psalm of David. 21:16; [Matt. Psalm 8 How Majestic Is Your Name To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. (English Standard Version - The Holy Bible Online) … 25 I have been young, and now am old, the wicked are snared in the work of their own hands. 13 (AG)Be gracious to me, O Lord! 24 # Prov. English Standard Version Update. 1 A Psalm of David. A Psalm of David, f the servant of the Lord, g who addressed the words of this h song to the Lord on the day when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. 9 O Lord, our Lord,    how majestic is your name in all the earth! The case illustrated by Cush is generalised: by the sword and arrows the manifold energy of the divine anger is symbolised, and it is only the divine forbearance that prevents it from immediately breaking forth. Psalm 8:1 - ESV: O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! To the choirmaster: according to The p Gittith. How Majestic Is Your Name - To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. English Standard Version (ESV) Bible Book List. This sense of the words accords with the connection; whereas with the rendering: "forsooth He (Elohim) will again whet His sword" (Bttch., Ew., Hupf.) English Standard Version (ESV) Bible Book List. 3 When I v look at your heavens, the work of your w fingers, the moon and the stars, x which you have … and gives birth to lies. You are safe and secure from … Psalm 8:2, ESV: "Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger." In Context Parallel Compare. 81, title; 84, titleGittith.#:1 Probably a musical or liturgical term A Psalm of David. And Jesus said to them, Yes; have you never read... Luke 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth... 1 Corinthians 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise... Psalm 84:5-7 Blessed is the man whose strength is in you; in whose heart are the ways of them... Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary... Amos 5:9 That strengthens the spoiled against the strong, so that the spoiled shall come against the fortress. 17 The wicked shall (AN)return to Sheol,    all the nations that (AO)forget God. # 68:30 The meaning of the Hebrew verse is uncertain 31 Nobles shall come from # Isa. Cancel any time. Psalm 8 English Standard Version How Majestic Is Your Name 1 To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still … Behold, the wicked man conceives evil. 2 s Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established t strength because of your foes, to still u the enemy and the avenger. כּונן of the making ready, and הכין of the aiming, are used alternately. O Lord, our Lord,how majestic is your #Ps. KJV ... ESV Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. whatever passes along the paths of the seas. 4:9 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord # ver. 15 The nations have sunk in (AK)the pit that they made;    in (AL)the net that they hid, their own foot has been caught.16 The Lord has made himself (AM)known; he has executed judgment;    the wicked are snared in the work of their own hands. 7:8; 2 Cor. You have set your glory above the heavens. : 8:4-6) Stier wrongly translates: For I shall behold. Tell among the peoples his (AD)deeds!12 For he who (AE)avenges blood is mindful of them;    he (AF)does not forget the cry of the afflicted. 4 those who say, “With our tongue we will prevail, our lips are with us; who is master over us?” לו, referring to the sinner, stands first by way of emphasis as in Genesis 49:10; 1 Samuel 2:3, and is equivalent to אליו, Ezekiel 4:3. Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament. See my affliction from those who hate me,    O you who lift me up from (AH)the gates of death,14 that I may recount all your praises,    that in the gates of (AI)the daughter of Zion    I may (AJ)rejoice in your salvation. You have set your r glory above the heavens. Deuteronomy 32:41). Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! 8 O L ord, our Lord, how majestic is your q name in all the earth! 144:3; Job 7:17; 25:6], Gen. 9:5; [Ps. 2 s Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established t strength because of your foes, to still u the enemy and the avenger. Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 2 Corinthians 12:9,10 And he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness... Psalm 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart on your bed, and be still. View Study Resources . 1 Save, O Lord, for m the godly one is gone; for the faithful have vanished from among the children of man. Psalm 76 English Standard Version (ESV) Who Can Stand Before You? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying, “Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. and is pregnant with mischief. Cross references. Selah. Psalm 2:8: [Ps. e.g., Genesis 30:31), is meaningless; and the אם־לא of asseveration is devoid of purpose. Psalm 8:2 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Psalm 8:2, NIV: "Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger." He said: : 7:12-14) If God will in the end let His wrath break forth, He will not do it without having previously given threatenings thereof every day, viz., to the ungodly, cf. Psalm 44:16 For the voice of him that reproaches and blasphemes; by reason of the enemy and avenger. 5 You have (U)rebuked the nations; you have made the wicked perish;    you have (V)blotted out their name forever and ever.6 The enemy came to an end in everlasting ruins;    their cities you rooted out;    the very memory of them has perished. Read Psalm 8:2 Using Other Translations. 9 I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;    I will recount all of your (O)wonderful deeds.2 I will be glad and (P)exult in you;    I will (Q)sing praise to your name, (R)O Most High. 8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. The Reign of the LORD's Anointed - Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Learn about subscriptions O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! 19:19, 21 Egypt; 1 A Psalm of David. Good News Translation. Psalm 8 - To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. How Majestic Is Your Name To the choirmaster: according to The p Gittith. You have set your r glory above the heavens. Psalm 8:2 (GNT) it is sung by children and babies. 3 When I (D)look at your heavens, the work of your (E)fingers,    the moon and the stars, (F)which you have set in place,4 (G)what is man that you are (H)mindful of him,    and (I)the son of man that you (J)care for him? Psalm 29:1 Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. 9 The Lord is (Y)a stronghold for (Z)the oppressed,    a stronghold in (AA)times of trouble.10 And those who (AB)know your name put their trust in you,    for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Sign up for an account to try it FREE for 30 days. 11 Sing praises to the Lord, who (AC)sits enthroned in Zion! A Song. 1 Psalm 8:2 Parallel Commentaries. Keil and Delitzsch Biblical Commentary on the Old Testament (Heb. 2 sOut of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established tstrength because of your foes, to still uthe enemy and the avenger. You have set your glory above the heavens. Here Are Our Favorite The English Standard Version is published with the permission of Good News Publishers. 21:17-19. 11:25; 1 Cor. 2     (A)Out of the mouth of babies and infants,you have established (B)strength because of your foes,    to still (C)the enemy and the avenger. 72:8; 89:27; Dan. 5 Yet you have made him a little lower than (K)the heavenly beings[a]    and crowned him with (L)glory and honor.6 You have given him (M)dominion over the works of your hands;    (N)you have put all things under his feet,7 all sheep and oxen,    and also the beasts of the field,8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,    whatever passes along the paths of the seas. If a man (any one) does not repent, then Jahve will whet His sword (cf. Isaiah 66:14; Malachi 1:4. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Psalm 8:2-9:17. Psalm 8:2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. 8 O L ord, our Lord, how majestic is your q name in all the earth! O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Isaiah 37:20-29,36-38 Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you are the LORD, even you only... Habakkuk 2:20 But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him. Subscribe to a study package to unlock the ESV Study Bible, the interactive Knowing the Bible study series, the Preaching the Word commentary series, and more. The fut. English Standard Version (ESV). Judgment is being gradually prepared, as the fut. ... Want more study resources? [e] Selah. Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank you, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth... Matthew 21:16 And said to him, Hear you what these say? Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. You have set your glory above the heavens. Psalm 8:2 Commentaries Jump to Previous Adversaries Avenger Babes Babies Breast Bulwark Cease Children Clear Cruel Enemies Enemy Established Foes Founded Infants Lips Mightest Mouth Mouths Nursing Ordained Praise Revengeful Self-Avenger Shame Silence Strength Sucklings Font Size. 3 When I v look at your heavens, the work of your w fingers, the moon and the stars, x which you have … implies; but, as the perff. The subject of the conditional clause אם־לא ישׁוּב is any ungodly person whatever; and the subject of the principal clause, as its continuation in Psalm 7:14 shows, is God. 24:16; Mic. Psalms 8:2 - ESV - Out of the mouth of babes and infants, you have... Study verse in the English Standard Version How Majestic Is Your NameTo the choirmaster: according to The #Ps. Psalm 8:2 (ESV) Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. You have set your glory above the heavens. 10:13]; See 1 Kgs. Psalm 8:2; Matthew 21:16. * A Psalm of David. Of David. 2 Everyone n utters lies to his neighbor; with o flattering lips and p a double heart they speak.. 3 May the Lord cut off all o flattering lips, the tongue that makes q great boasts, . Psalm 8:1; Psalm 8:2–9. Chapter Parallel. Psalm 37:1 This psalm is an acrostic poem, each stanza beginning with the successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet; Psalm 37:3 Or and feed on faithfulness, or and find safe pasture; Psalm 37:22 Hebrew by him; Psalm 37:35 The identity of this tree is uncertain; Psalm 37:36 Or But one passed by Higgaion. 2:6-8; [Ps. Psalm 91:1-16 ESV. Need an ESV Bible? 1 A Psalm of David. You have set your r glory above the heavens. Psalm 44:16 at the sound of the taunter and reviler, at the sight of the enemy and the avenger. (Heb. 2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. ישׁוּב, which would moreover stand close by ילטושׁ (cf. 17 upholds his hand. Read full chapter. imply, it is also on the other hand like a bow that is already strung against the sinner with the arrow pointed towards him, so that it can be executed at any moment. 2 Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. He makes these feel His זעם beforehand in order to strike a wholesome terror into them. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. "Burning" arrows are fire-arrows (זקּים, זיקות, malleoli); and God's fire-arrows are the lightnings sent forth by Him, Psalm 18:15; Zechariah 9:14. Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 8:2, 6] Trample underfoot those who lust after tribute; scatter the peoples who delight in war. he has established his throne for justice. I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD!” Our feet have been standing within your gates, O Jerusalem! The conception is not coarsely material, but the vividness of the idea of itself suggests the form of its embodiment. ESV: English Standard Version 2016 how majestic is your name in all the earth! Let Us Go to the House of the LORD - A Song of Ascents. Psalm 8:2 Psalm 8 Psalm 8:4. 1:27], Cited Heb. יפעל denotes the simultaneous charging of the arrows aimed at the sinner, with the fire of His wrath. # [2 Sam. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Exodus 11:7 But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast... Exodus 15:16 Fear and dread shall fall on them; by the greatness of your arm they shall be as still as a stone; till your people pass over, O LORD... Joshua 2:9-11 And she said to the men, I know that the LORD has given you the land, and that your terror is fallen on us... 1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail. See my affliction from those who hate me. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. English Standard Version Update.

Viburnum Tinus 'spring Bouquet, Logistic Regression In R With Categorical Variables, Tv Broadcast Package, Auditorium Sound System Setup, Guitar Drawings Art, Reindeer Lifespan In Captivity, Websites Like Lonely Planet,

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Verplichte velden zijn gemarkeerd met *