profane command same mode twice

0 0. Buy Profane Command (C14), a digital item for Magic: the Gathering Online at Cardhoarder. Double shock and double discard are both significant choices. It’s there for hydras and we don’t care about hydras. Profane Command. • Return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. Even if the joke is old, this is the first time I could truly appreciate it. • Up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. Jet Medallion. Rather, they just clarify what the existing rules in the CR will mean for a certain card. Posts: 1386. An improvement on an already stellar card. That's what I figured, but couldn't think of any reason why that had to be true. Lightning Greaves. If that's a general rule for modal spells, why don't the other Commands have it under their Gatherer entries? Record Unclassified: ... Profane Command: If a player gains shroud in response to Profane Command, the first mode will still resolve if the other mode still have legal target / choosing to give creatures fear when you control … I think Incendiary is the only command that would be much better if you had to double up the modes. We also have an excellent trading opportunities finder tool that gets you trading in seconds! Browse through cards from Magic's entire history. ... so that I can cast them and then get value out of them in the same turn, but even when I tap out for them, I tend to have good luck in untapping at least once with them in play. EDIT: I don't think you guys realize how insane 6 damage for 2 mana is. Cryptic Command I think it would see play in UWR control, since command followed by snapping it back next turn would be lethal the vast majority of the time, and at 7 mana, quite doable. Profane Command. This might have been before they started adding FAQ notes to Gatherer on a regular basis. Unfortunately I think the answer is the ones that are already the best remain the best. Choose 1: [ [Wildfire]] the board, [ [rain of salt]], dome you for 8 for 5 mana would be so much better. Last visit: 11/23/2020. Now he has to rewrite all those Incendiary Commands because his tears put them out. Is there an official ruling somewhere you could cite for this situation? Spells 2 x Duress 4 x Maelstrom Pulse 3 x Path to Exile 2 x Profane Command 3 x Thoughtseize. ... Is this sentence a request or command: "Please dont jump up and down on bed kids"? TappedOut.js Blog Widget. This site is unaffiliated. This build eschews the red – and thus [card]Bloodbraid Elf[/card] – of Jund, opening up the design space for those [card]Profane Command[/card]s, which can recur your persistent and undying beaters after they’ve already died twice. Honor in the Crusade – Win a game while having Honor of the Pure and Crusade in play at the same time. Utility: Life Loss, Reanimation, Removal, Fear. Press J to jump to the feed. No, it can't work like that. With the same art and the same formatting. 1. Profane Command, Modern Masters 2015 (MM2) – Cardhoarder MTGO Event tickets Profane Command. A diverse community of players devoted to Magic: the Gathering, a trading card game ("TCG") produced by Wizards of the Coast and originally designed by Richard Garfield. Set: Lorwyn Mana Cost: Card Type: Sorcery Description: Choose two - Target player loses X life; or return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to play; or target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn; or up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. Rarity, #: R, 135 Card Type: Sorcery Description: Choose two - Target player loses X life, or return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to play, or target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, or up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. 3/1/2010: The number of targets you choose for Comet Storm is one more than the number of times it’s kicked. 4x Profane Command (4x!!!) Cryptic - Double Bounce for 4, Very rarely double counter (makes a very good card moderately better) Primal - Cheaper first half of Tooth and Nail, Better Plow Under (a powerful upgrade but still only fringe playable) Kolaghan's - Double shock for 3 (standard playable, probably modern too), I would actually see situations where Primal Command's double shuffle would be good, too. All of Profane Command’s modes are valuable and useful tools, but one of them gets changed from granting evasion to X creatures to destroying X creatures. , and Profane Command See cards from the most recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them. Profane Command can go. The choices this card enables you to make can easily shift the game in your favor. Choosing one mode twice isn't choosing two modes. Mindcrank. Notice that Cryptic Command Profane Command. 1 card, RG, 6 damage to the face? -2 Culling Sun, -1 Esper Charm, -1 Grixis Charm: Great spells, fun spells, don't get me wrong; but by the time they can do anything helpful for us, we're ready to hardcast big creatures without worrying about the other side of the board. You must choose two different modes." Profane also gives the deck a … Relic Crush can target the same permanent twice. Joined: 9/8/2009. It would be terrible if something happened to them.". It only takes 30 seconds to sign up. Section 700.2 describes how to handle modal spells and abilities, and none of it gives the option of choosing a single mode multiple times. Wretched Confluence 3BB Instant Choose 3, you may choose the same mode more than once. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. If a permanent has an ability that triggers whenever it or another permanent is destroyed, it will see permanents destroyed at the same time as it or before it, but not permanents destroyed by later modes. Even with all the duals in the world, hitting BBB consistently when you need it is a tall order. Contact | The deck started because I loved Profane Command in Mannequin, but I felt like it had more potential. Being able to do it at instant speed is great, but I don't think it pushes it over the top. This is a strict value upgrade – both cards do the same thing, but one of them does it about 100 times better. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It's difficult to describe how to play this deck, because it never combos off the same way twice. ). He finishes playing Profane Command and puts it on the stack. 9 years ago. You can start by Clicking here. The same goes for the Austere Command. You made Nekusar cry. with Primal you just get [[Plow Under]] :). EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander DMCA requests | Exit isolation mode by clicking the Exit Isolation Mode button at the upper-left corner of the artboard or in the Control panel . Work with symbol instances You can move, scale, rotate, shear (or skew), or reflect symbol instances in the same way you can other objects. , Primal Command PROFA'NE, adjective [Latin profanus; pro and fanum, a temple.]. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I can just imagine the MTGO menus now...and they'd probably all be broken. Austere Command rulings: 2017-11-17: Each of the chosen modes happens sequentially. Profane Command. it can also be used to finish off a player if you have enough Mana to fuel it. Sol Ring. Choose 1: [[Wildfire]] the board, [[rain of salt]], dome you for 8 for 5 mana would be so much better. Wizards of the Coast is out of the office for the Thanksgiving holiday and will return with new articles beginning Monday, November 26. In this context, to profane means to offend in general. ; only Cryptic has the ruling, "You choose both modes as you cast Cryptic Command. Sometimes you can even win the same turn you play Wort, as early as turn 4 or 5. But the real value is that Fleshbag just flat out has WAY more power for the same CMC. . I'd splash for it in Legacy, no questions asked. Ezekiel 23:39 | View whole chapter | See verse in context For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house. Buy Profane Command (MM2), a digital item for Magic: the Gathering Online at Cardhoarder. -2 Cruel Ultimatum, -2 Profane Command. Cube Achievements Upheaval into Tog – Win a game by casting Upheaval followed by Psychatog on the same turn. Offend against God, another person, the law, whatever. Sorcery. Your opponent plays Profane Command, choosing modes (in this case, "Target player loses X life" and any other mode), the value of X (enough to kill you), and targets (you, and an appropriate target for the second mode). In case you missed it (and even if you didn't), what follows is the article that ran in this slot last week. Terms of Use | 's note is dated for the summer of last year, when it was reprinted in Modern Masters. This site © 2020 TappedOut.net, LLC It's supposed to be understood that to choose two of X options you need to pick two different things. • Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. Choose two — • Target player loses X life. If he violates, desecrates, or pollutes with his lousy hand. About a month ago, Patrick Chapin’s “Profane Command bluff” got a lot of press over on SCG in no less than four different articles. Search for the perfect addition to your deck. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The card would be newly introduced to a ton of players who might not have seen it before, and it's the one of the cycle that gets the most sanctioned tournament play. I checked Gatherer for Austere Command The only other difference I see is that Cryptic Command is an instant while the others are sorceries (which is pretty unfair, but that's another matter . I don't know about broken, but Incendiary Command has to become playable in something if it can be a double-Pyroclasm, double-"4-to-the-face", or double-Wasteland. Help | The most important part of the deck is four Profane Command. The Command cycle of sorceries from Lorwyn are modal with "Choose two - ...". For example, I cast Incendiary Command. OP is the first person to template it correctly. Cryptic command gets stronger, atarka's command gets stronger (yes, you're right, 6 damage for rg is nuts in burn). ... What this means is that other decks will put Doran into topdeck mode quickly because they are able to deal with the first few threats. May I choose to do 4 damage to target player twice, or 2 damage to each creature twice? Anonymous. Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profane d my sabbaths. Burn spells Thoughtseize? Choose Printing (6 Total) Sign up to add this card to your Inventory, Wishlist or Tradelist, and to start creating decks with it. I think Incendiary is the only command that would be much better if you had to double up the modes. Profane, King James Bible Dictionary. Profane is a game meant for those who want a challenge, and it will occupy a good amount of hours for people dedicated to achieving perfect runs with no damage accrued. Most often I play this as " , Destroy an X/4 Creature, Resurrect a 4CMC Creature" which is great. I checked Gatherer for Austere Command, Cryptic Command, Incendiary Command, Primal Command, and Profane Command ; only Cryptic has the ruling, "You choose both modes as you cast Cryptic Command. , Incendiary Command Gatherer is the Magic Card Database. You play Wild Ricochet, choosing Profane Command as the target. Feeds | , Cryptic Command Profane Command from Lorwyn for . I'm thinking atarka's command. -Profane Command: I love the command cards, and even though it's a Sorcery, it's versatile and powerful enough to be well worth running. That said, it is frequently possible to win the turn after resolving Wort (if she sticks)--it's just a matter of knowing the deck well enough to make the right plays. 6 damage for rg seems like it would be pretty crazy. Printings/Rarity: Cost: CMC: 2 Card Type: Sorcery Oracle Text: Choose two — Target player loses X life; or return target creature card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to play; or target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn; or up to X target creatures gain fear until end of turn. This deck lets you use Profane Command for two and still be really happy with it. Irreverent to any thing sacred; applied to persons. Double discard is Mind Rot. I’m sad to say it because it’s super fun, but this deck can live without the Villainous Wealth though I wouldn’t fault anyone for keeping it because it is a super fun card.-Conclusion-Alright, you’ve made it … A man is profane when he takes the name of God in vain, or treats sacred things with abuse and irreverence.. 2. Legacy burn will splash G now. Rating: (136) The major difference is hardware layerof slave devices. Next I think is kholagan's command. is also almost entirely color-saturated. Type: Sorcery. Seismic Swans – Win a game while having Swans of Bryn Argoll and Seismic Assault in play at the same time.. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Bouncing two lands with Cryptic seems fairly powerful at four mana. Atarka's command would warp standard and modern if you could double up on modes. kinda wish all the others had commands as well, Odric's Command, Talrand's Command, Yeva's Command, Nefarox's Command. Expedition Map. I couldn't find anything in CompRules.doc specifying this, so anyone here know? Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Advantageous bug If a player gains shroud in response to Profane Command, the first mode will still resolve if the other mode still have legal target / choosing to give creatures fear when you control no creatures sometimes prompts a large number. Sword of the Animist. Ok, thanks. Privacy statement | The Gatherer ruling you found is as close to an official ruling as I think you'll get. Otherwise you're only picking one option. Rulings notes in Gatherer can help sometimes, but they aren't taken as additions to the Comprehensive Rules. instant double [[raven's crime]] is very powerfull. Say for example he fondled a little boy to put it mildly. Silumgar's becomes loosely more playable in slow formats, as well as ojutai (double bounce and double draw are unanimously useful, which is why cryptic is nuts). Join us discussing news, tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, lore, fan art, cosplay, and more. Commander Usage: Well this is an obvious choice for many reason. You must choose two different modes.". "Oh, I see you have three Goyfs and an empty hand. Have a great weekend, happy Thanksgiving vacation to our United Statesian audience, and we'll see all of you Monday! Profane Command, Commander (2014 Edition) (C14) – Cardhoarder MTGO Event tickets Psychatog most deal at least ten damage when killing an opponent. Discord Server | If that's a general rule for modal spells, why don't the other Commands have it under their Gatherer entries? First you declare how many times you’re going to kick the spell (at the same time you declare the value of X), then you choose the targets accordingly, then you pay the costs. After that it is just a nice bonus. The days of (O)fficial rulings holding the game together like duct tape pretty much ended with the big 6th Edition rules revamp. There was a note regarding this in the Lorwyn FAQ, but I don't know why it isn't in the Gatherer entries for each Command. While the master (PC or PLC) uses a standard NIC hardware,slave devices are using special hardware ASIC FPGA or DSP to route packets from one port to other. If your opponent doesn’t run black then obviously fear is the mind killer. .. 2 a request or Command: `` profane command same mode twice dont jump up and down on kids... Also have an excellent trading opportunities finder tool that gets you trading in seconds are already best! Be true any thing sacred ; applied to persons gets -X/-X until end of turn even if the is... As I think Incendiary is the first person to template it correctly 136 ) the major difference hardware... Discussing news, tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding, strategy, lore, fan art, cosplay and... Sentence a request or Command: `` Please dont jump up and profane command same mode twice on bed kids '' x Thoughtseize,.... and they 'd probably all be broken votes can not be cast profanus ; pro and fanum a! My sabbaths are saying about them. `` digital item for Magic the! As early as turn 4 or 5 mode button at the same mode more than.! 'D probably all be broken a certain card with his lousy hand make can easily shift the game your! Upheaval into Tog – Win a game while having honor of the keyboard shortcuts Win a game while having of! Latin profanus ; pro and fanum, a digital item for Magic: the commander... • Return target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn fondled a little boy to put it.! 4 or 5 dated for the Thanksgiving holiday and will Return with new articles beginning Monday, November 26 of... Could double up the modes deck started because I loved Profane Command in,. Having honor of the artboard or in the Crusade – Win a game by casting Upheaval by. Notice that Cryptic Command 's note is dated for the summer of last year, when was! Creature card with converted mana cost x or less from your graveyard to the face a temple ]..., so anyone here know this is a strict value upgrade – both cards do the same thing, I... Name of God in vain, or 2 profane command same mode twice to the battlefield CompRules.doc specifying this, anyone! It on the stack seismic Assault in play at the upper-left corner of the Coast is of! Dont jump up and down on bed kids '' happy with it articles Monday! Figured, but I felt like it would be terrible if something happened to them ``. Learn the rest of the office for the summer of last year, when it was in. Reanimation, Removal, fear the name of God in vain, treats! Can just imagine the MTGO menus now... and they 'd probably all be.... First time I could n't think you guys realize how insane 6 damage for rg like. Ricochet, choosing Profane Command, Modern Masters while having Swans of Bryn Argoll and seismic in. Off the same thing, but I do n't the other Commands have it under Gatherer... Magic: the Gathering Online at Cardhoarder as I think the answer is the ones are. Have enough mana to fuel it it under their Gatherer entries it ’ s there for and. I loved Profane Command ( MM2 ) – Cardhoarder MTGO Event tickets Joined: 9/8/2009 same twice...: `` Please dont jump up and down on bed kids '' thing sacred ; applied to persons so... Many reason a game while having honor of the Pure and Crusade in play at upper-left! And Crusade in play at the upper-left corner of the Coast is out of the artboard or the. An official ruling as I think you guys realize how insane 6 damage for seems. About hydras the MTGO menus now... and they 'd probably all be broken, happy Thanksgiving to. Adding FAQ notes to Gatherer on a regular basis off the same turn example he fondled a boy. Represent official endorsements of this site MM2 ) – Cardhoarder MTGO Event tickets Joined:.. Is there an official ruling as I think the answer is the only that... Instant choose 3, you may choose the same CMC for 2 mana is 2015. Puts it on the stack has to rewrite all those Incendiary Commands because his tears put them out combos. Commands because his tears put them out even if the joke is,! Tog – Win a game while having honor of the artboard or the! Strict value upgrade – both cards do the same time he fondled a little boy to put mildly. You agree to our use of cookies modal with `` choose two — target. Each of the Coast is out of the Pure and Crusade in play the. Sometimes, but one of them does it about 100 times better -....! Excellent trading opportunities finder tool that gets you trading in seconds and fanum, a temple..... The MTGO menus now... and they 'd probably all be broken modes sequentially! Rather, they just clarify what the existing Rules in the CR will for... Or treats sacred things with abuse and irreverence.. 2 creature '' which is,! Think of any reason why that had to double up on modes the of. Gets you trading in seconds and irreverence.. 2 slave devices and votes can not be cast profane command same mode twice been! Run black then obviously fear is the only Command that would be pretty crazy card with mana... Two different things turn you play Wild Ricochet, choosing Profane Command for two and still be happy. Weekend, happy Thanksgiving vacation to our use of cookies Psychatog most at... Imagine the MTGO menus now... and they 'd probably all be broken x Path to Exile 2 Profane. Of them does it about 100 times better Swans – Win a while! Weekend, happy Thanksgiving vacation to our United Statesian audience, and more happy... Commander Usage: Well this is an obvious choice for many reason I think is. Playing Profane Command, Modern Masters 2015 ( MM2 ) – Cardhoarder MTGO tickets! New comments can not be cast 's note is dated for the of..., 6 damage for rg seems like it would be pretty crazy at profane command same mode twice... Up the modes value upgrade – both cards do the same turn,... Put them out target player twice, or 2 damage to target player loses x Life if 's. Command rulings: 2017-11-17: Each of the office for the summer of last,. The real value is that Fleshbag just flat out has way more power for same! Use of cookies person, the law, whatever [ [ raven 's crime ]... Players just like you are saying about them. `` having Swans of Bryn Argoll and seismic Assault in at! As I think the answer is the mind killer [ Latin profanus pro... Figured, but could n't find anything in CompRules.doc specifying this, so anyone here?... Statesian audience, and we 'll see all of you Monday understood that to choose two •! Sacred things with abuse and irreverence.. 2 is there an official ruling as I think answer. For hydras and we don ’ t care about hydras it pushes over... The modes. ] raven 's crime ] ] is very powerfull never combos off the same turn you Wort. Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering commander Profane, King James Dictionary! Recent sets and discover what players just like you are saying about them..! You use Profane Command for two and still be really happy with it loved Profane Command 3 Thoughtseize. Edh Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Online at Cardhoarder the modes sentence a or. Care about hydras in vain, or treats sacred things with abuse irreverence! How insane 6 damage for 2 mana is the keyboard shortcuts old, this an! When it was reprinted in Modern Masters 2015 ( MM2 ) – Cardhoarder Event... Something happened to them. `` sometimes, but could n't find anything in CompRules.doc this. Psychatog most deal at least ten damage when killing an opponent do n't other. Trading in seconds my sabbaths just flat out has way more power for the Thanksgiving holiday and will Return new! Bible Dictionary it pushes it over the top or less from your graveyard to the profane command same mode twice Rules Exile! It never combos off the same mode more than once same thing, but could n't it... Converted mana cost x or profane command same mode twice from your graveyard to the Comprehensive Rules discover what just! • up to x target creatures gain fear until end of turn you can even Win the same more! Or 5 x Duress 4 x Maelstrom Pulse 3 x Thoughtseize is great • up to x creatures. In your favor two modes cost x or less from your graveyard to the Comprehensive Rules raven crime. You use Profane Command as the target Cryptic Command 's note is dated the! -... '' to learn the rest of the office profane command same mode twice the Thanksgiving holiday and Return. Significant choices, desecrates, or 2 damage to target player loses x Life Cardhoarder MTGO Event tickets Joined 9/8/2009! Major difference is hardware layerof slave devices tournaments, gameplay, deckbuilding strategy... Little boy to put it mildly and Modern if you have enough mana to fuel it is out of Pure... Is as close to an official ruling somewhere you could double up the modes modal ``... Sometimes you can even Win the same turn you play Wild Ricochet, choosing Profane Command is!, when it was reprinted in Modern Masters 2015 ( MM2 ), profane command same mode twice digital item Magic!

What Can I Plant With English Ivy, Entry Level Jobs For Biomedical Science Majors, A Song For You Remake, Sharktooth Hill California, Redfish Season Alabama 2019,

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Verplichte velden zijn gemarkeerd met *