eric johnson 2014 stratocaster review

TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. carefully taken from a guitar magazine. Very Good. The action was superb. All of the guitar I owned had rosewood fingerboards. Cons Some may not like the f-hole look, plus it’s £500 more than an American Original Strat. Like so many Fenders these days it's almost a work of art, its fingerboard's edges having received the 'rolling' treatment that leaves it feeling smooth as silk, and its slightly larger frets perfectly set, dressed and polished. And with the introduction of the Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster signature model, he is taking the instrument to new sonic territories. Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster review Eric Johnson is a true virtuoso guitarist and a man renowned for his love of great tone. Learn more. Guides, Artist But it does have a kind of semi-hollow vibe to it particularly when you’re playing a little bit louder and although most of us know Eric Johnson is a strat guy they use a big 335 guy in fact cliffs adore burger was recorded on a 335 and this kind of splits the difference you know there’s just that sort of resonance which I love nitro finish of course which you know is a vintage love or Eric Johnson one of that and … Frank-Braun and Johnson again looked to the past to find the ideal tremolo configuration. Most items on Reverb are being shipped within 48 hours. Next Last. … I mostly play … Messages 260. For years, I considered myself a rosewood fingerboard guy. This was the case with my maple boarded Eric Johnson Stratocaster. Over the years, Fender trem blocks have changed slightly. As low as $58/month with. This page contains information, pictures, videos, user generated reviews, automatically generated review and videos about Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Rosewood but we do not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on our web site. In the same spirit as the production line version, the Fender Custom Shop masterbuilt “Virginia” will take on the same aesthetic and tone as the original guitar, but in exacting detail with handwound pickups and a flamed maple neck – … Most items on Reverb are being shipped within 48 hours. In a true testament to Johnson's fastidiousness when it comes to his sound, there is no paint between the base plate and the block, eliminating anything that might interfere with the guitar's natural tone. Vintage hots in a strat and unbuckers in a '72 tele. -Didn't like the sticky gummy orangery finish on the neck. Click Here to upgrade your account and enter … £1589.99; $2599.99; By Neville Marten 04 January 2008. Traditionally Strats don't have a tone control on the bridge pickup, leaving this often harsh-sounding single-coil as many people's least favourite selection. carefully taken from a guitar magazine. Would really appreciate some reviews by the folks who use the EJ Strat. Everything about it is just so perfectly thought out. "The reason I did this is because the guitar stays in tune better," explains Eric. Apr 4, 2014 #1 Is it in humbucker or single coil mode? This attention to detail has been apparent in the signature model guitar that Johnson designed many years ago with Fender guitars, The Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster. Johnson wanted his Strat to look as 'normal' as possible. On most Strats, the tone knobs control the neck and middle pickup. Enter the Fender Mexican Stratocaster. The long-awaited Eric Johnson Stratocaster guitar arose from Johnsons express wish to give something back to the collectors, players and fans whove supported him throughout his career. Interviews & Everything about it is just so perfectly thought out. About the Eric Johnson Stratocaster neck The neck is a soft V kind of 57 feel quarter-sawn maple 12 inch radius with this maple fingerboard. [Ed. As far as my EJ strat i rotate between a CS Texas special pickguard and a SSL5 (B), cs '69 (M), fat 50's (N) pickguard. Eric Johnson Strat serial numbers aren’t necessarily consecutive, and so short of contacting Fender for shipping information the only way to be sure of the age is to pop the neck off the body and check the dates. to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Everything from the weight to the contours add to the sense that this instrument is a part of you. Flawless and featherweight build. "I wanted them to sound like '50s pickups," explains Eric, "with the exception that the bridge was a bit brighter. Current visitors. Vintage hots in a strat and unbuckers in a '72 tele. Thoughts? The lightness of the EJ is a revelation: you can play it for hours and hardly know it was there. Latest reviews Search resources. No doubt. As to how Virginia got into his hands in the first place, Johnson explains that he spotted the guitar leaning against a wall at J.R. Reed music store in Austin, Texas, when he was in his early 20s. The sound is everything I wanted. The slinkiness of its polished surface can also make bending a little too slippery with vintage-style 'fine' frets; whatever Eric's intentions in this regard, the result is playing perfection. Bridge pickup tone control. Nice light weight guitar, medium C profile neck shape. "Actually the backplates are removed from all my guitars because I think they sound better with them off," he says. Anyone familiar with Eric Johnson will know that, apart from his magical touch on the guitar, he strives for the perfect tone. Often labeled a perfectionist, Johnson is well-known for his impeccable standards when it comes to playing and recording. or put away with guitar paperwork folder. In fact, … Johnson simply switched the tone pot from the middle pickup to the bridge, leaving the neck unit covered by its own tone control but the middle wired wide open. Finished with a thin-skinned glossy lacquer and vintage tint, the neck of this guitar is nothing short of breathtaking, to the eyes as well as the fingers. But Eric Johnson knows Strats inside out. Menu Log in Register Navigation. usually ship the same business day. This painstaking process is typical of Custom Shop quality and is similar to the way Fender finished guitars in the '50s and early '60s. Small mark on back, otherwise very very clean condition. Reverb Protection has you covered. Fender Thinline Eric Johnson Strat. SOUNDCHECK GEAR REVIEW. Change style Contact us. Eric Johnson Fender Stratocaster Thinline. Note - Check out our 2018 interview with Eric Johnson where he discusses his new signature Thinline Stratocaster]Â. Michael Frank-Braun of Fender's Custom Shop, who co-created the guitar with Johnson, noted that the guitarist has spent years researching what makes guitars sound good, down to the bobbins and screws. A perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and traditional Stratocaster, this new namesake model is a lightweight, resonant instrument that has already opened Johnson’s tone to more possibilities. I am extremely happy with it. Bath Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Rosewood 3.94 out of 5 based on 21 ratings . What's new Search. Our Verdict. I know the EJ has a 12" radius neck, and the 62 has a … How do these sound? NAMM 2014: Fender Stratocaster 60th Anniversary January 22nd, 2014 by Ivan Chopik. This seller is open to offers. for that special guitar owner or … I found that after a week of playing it exclusively, the issues has resolved. Read Sweetwater customer reviews for Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster - 2-Color Sunburst with Maple Fingerboard Reviews. Over the years, Eric has modified his Strats so that the knobs control the neck and bridge pickup, and many Strat players including myself have followed suit. Along with Fender he has created the perfect guitar for lovers of vintage Strats who want something extra. It’s really comfortable like the elected 12 inch radius frets are medium jumbo. © 12" strats rule!! Not a fan of the tricky-to-negotiate Strat back-plate with its fiddly string-loading holes, Johnson decided it would be omitted from his signature guitar. So while the resulting sonic palette is distinctly classic in timbre, there's super clarity on offer too. Jan 27, 2018 #1 Released at NAMM this weekend. Designed … Eric Johnson Strat serial numbers aren’t necessarily consecutive, and so short of contacting Fender for shipping information the only way to be sure of the age is to pop the neck off the body and check the dates. Eric Johnson: Eric Johnson chronology; Bloom (2010) Europe Live (2014) Europe Live is Eric Johnson's fourth live album, released on June 25, 2014, by Provogue Records. But Eric … We go hands-on with the Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster. B Vance Member. Shares. Messages 2,797. With the guitar’s historic shape, Eric’s preferred neck carve, and the man’s signature single-coil pickups all accounted for, they’re attached to a semi-hollow alder body. this article is a valuable source of information. Electronics are sound. MusicRadar is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Am looking into the Eric Johnson Strat. At this year’s NAMM convention in Anaheim, California, Guitar Messenger was invited to an exclusive media event to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Fender Stratocaster. Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Rosewood 3.94 out of 5 based on 21 ratings . Make an Offer. 1 of 2 Go to page. Mated to this would be a quarter-sawn tinted maple neck with the smoothest transition between neck and headstock, armed with 21 medium-jumbo frets and with a modern, 12-inch fingerboard radius. And while you can already do this latter move on most Strats, via the middle pickup's tone pot, there's a subtle but noticeable difference here: in the standard combination the middle pickup's tone gets rolled off, but here it's the bridge pickup and that creates a tone that's just as thick, but much more defined. Categories, More Ways to Jan 27, 2018 #2 B Vance said: Released at NAMM this … Austrian Audio Hi-X55 Headphones … Close Menu. What Strat player hasn't wished that pesky bridge pickup could sometimes be tamed? Small mark on back, otherwise very very clean condition. The neck is clean, with no marks. Are Eric Johnson's Good or Not? Menu Log in Register Navigation. D. DT7 Member. Thanks to Johnson's pursuit of the ultimate tone, the wait was worth every second. Shares. ! If you were to choose between the 2, which would you purchase, the 62 HR or the EJ strat? Very good condition Eric Johnson Stratocaster. for that … Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, And with that in mind he got together with Fender and came up with this very retro-looking instrument. The biggest departures from vintage specs (chambered body, flat fretboard, re-voiced pickups, and reassigned second tone control) might not suit purists, yet it’s easy to perceive their intent and advantages. One of the main changes he implemented was to rewire the middle pickup tone control to that of the bridge pickup. Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2014 Color: white blonde Verified Purchase I'm a long-time guitar player and was a Fender dealer for 20 years. Signature guitars are a minefield of whim and fancy. Comes with all paper work and original hardcase. His His Compare prices, make an offer, get the best deal on a Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster. One of the things Eric Johnson has said about creating this guitar is the importance of its "vibe"—vibe that invites the player to pick up the instrument, knowing that it will convey every nuance of the music being created. Not only was it a joy to play, it was the center of attention when it was offstage as well. Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster in White Blonde (2014) If you’re looking at this, you likely don’t need a hard sell. $1,250 + $75 Shipping. "It's a 1957 sunburst with maple neck that I found in Florida when I was on tour a few years ago.". However, as other reviews have mentioned, there is a stickiness to it. Eric Johnson’s Signature Stratocaster Thinline honors the colors and quirks of Fender’s original 1954 vision, as filtered through the personal preferences of one iconic Strat player. Add to Cart. this article is a valuable source of information. Search titles only. Thank you for signing up to Musicradar. Enter the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline. His His Compare prices, make an offer, get the best deal on a Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster. It should come as no surprise then that the Eric Johnson Stratocaster is in a league of its own. The EJ's cellulose -acquered neck is a touch bigger than the average Vintage Reissue Strat, with a chunky 'C' meets 'V' feel that's designed to be a comfortable palm-full and bring an ounce or two more tone to the guitar. It's one of those rare instruments that lets your talent, style, and individuality shine through with ease. Very good condition Eric Johnson Stratocaster. Simple. But at such a high price-point, Made in America (MIA) Strats are out of reach for many guitarists. Andy Research and design on this signature model alone took two years, so it's no wonder it took some time to come to fruition. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. Hands-On Review: Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster, About Change style Contact us. Each position just sounds more pronounced, and I believe the Rosewood Eric Johnson Stratocaster is the best Fender for the price. This was the case with my maple … Eric worked with the Custom Shop to develop pickups that sounded both warm and hot, with a distinct vintage vibe that retained every ounce of tone possible. purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of Apr 4, 2014 #2 cray2008 said: Is it in humbucker or single coil mode? Very Good. Buy With Confidence. Here we have a 2014 example of the Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Maple, in a translucent white finish. C. cray2008 Member. Members. However...I was doing research on a website I use and I saw a review that said there might be inconsistency( 5 Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Electric Guitar (Assorted Colors) reviews in Solid Body Electric Guitars - Buzzillions.com ) between individual EJ's that made me question whether to get one or not. Search forums. This is the kind of guitar that says "just because you can doesn't mean you should." Click Here for full details. Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear Message this Seller if you have any questions. I bought this 2016 Eric Johnson Stratocaster through zZounds. Where this Stratocaster really stands out from the rest of the line is the electronics Eric Johnson decided to use. Ive been really gasing for a 62 hot rod strat lately, never having played one but based on the reviews it gets. $1,250 + $75 Shipping. The cellulose finish is totally drag-free and it's one of those necks you can forget is there and just get on with playing. Eric Johnson HS-2 in strat bridge? One of the most tone-obsessed and particular artists of the last several decades, Eric Johnson is know for his attention to detail when it comes to gear. Favoring the tone of vintage, higher-mass blocks, Johnson wanted this to be a part of his signature axe. Home; News; Giveaway; Features; Directory; Album Reviews; Open. Eric Johnson (born August 17, 1954) is an American guitarist, vocalist, composer, and multi-instrumentalist.His 1990 album Ah Via Musicom was certified platinum by the RIAA, and the single "Cliffs of Dover" won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance.. Best known for his electric guitar skills, Johnson is also a highly proficient acoustic, lap steel, resonator, and … Watch. Search forums. The neck is one-piece, quartersawn maple, preferred by Johnson for the way it translates the harmonic balance from neck to body. What represents the Holy Grail to one guitar star means little or nothing to anyone but the artist's most diehard fans. Reverb Sellers Are Still Shipping. This Strat will be hailed as a masterpiece by collectors, fans, and guitar players alike for its functionality, features, and gorgeous voice. size: approximately 8" x 11" (20 cm x 28 cm) this item would look awesome framed. the latest deals. Subscriptions, CA ET Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded). As low as $58/month with. Travel is a lot like that; things that are foreign become familiar, and the familiar fades to foreign. Since then I've gone through a Ibanez Musician, Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat, Gibson ES-339, Gibson ES-335, and finally this Eric Johnson Strat. The long-awaited Eric Johnson Stratocaster guitar. It definitely has a classic appearance, from the tinted neck and thinner headstock to the staggered-height vintage machine heads (that also eliminate the need for a string tree!). Here we have a 2014 example of the Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Maple, in a translucent white finish. And with the introduction of the Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster signature model, he is taking the instrument to new sonic territories. Disclaimer. Thanks to these design elements, the pickups produce a tonal voice different than any other. Modeled after a '57, the Eric Johnson Signature Model Stratocaster has a two-piece alder body with a thin, nitrocellulose lacquer finish. Thread starter cray2008; Start date Apr 4, 2014; 1; 2; Next. SOUNDCHECK GEAR REVIEW. It combines all the essential elements of a vintage Strat with new technology to give you the ultimate playing experience. It would also make a unique gift. After spending some time with his long-overdue Signature Stratocaster, I know exactly what he means. About to try a Mojotone '58 loaded pickguard. "They used my favourite Stratocaster," Eric tells us. "Again, this is taken from my favourite '57 Strat," says Eric. Playing this guitar was a true delight. Eric's shifting of the tone pot from the middle to the bridge pickup allows this - and by default the bridge-and-middle positions - to be adjusted. Strange became familiar, and I learned to love maple. By: Search Advanced search… New posts. Not … And so finally in 2018 the two guitar styles have come together in the perfect combination, like peanut butter and chocolate, or coffee and chocolate, or caramel and chocolate. A guitar fit for a guitar hero. But the most important weapon in the guitar's arsenal is its pickups and wiring. Each position just sounds more pronounced, and I believe the Rosewood Eric Johnson Stratocaster is the best Fender for the price. Rated 5.0 / 5 by 29 customers! No one could believe a guitar of this caliber was a production model. Every guitar or bass you Close Menu. But it's not all hyper-fat lead; Eric also loves sparkling bridge, classic Texan neck and spanky middle pickup tones, as well as those 'vocal' sounds so ably served by positions two and four. I think it was more a product of my limited experience with maple than anything else. Some think the semi-hollow body electric guitar exists for the reason of weight reduction. Models include the Eric Johnson “Virginia” Stratocaster ($2,499.99) and Fender Custom Shop Eric Johnson “Virginia” Stratocaster ($9,000.00). This month’’s review model, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster (rrp $3699), is a beautiful example of how the cumulative effect of a number of small modifications can make a sizeable difference to the sound of an already nice instrument. "All my Strats are wired this way," grins Johnson, "I've actually been doing it since the 1970s. We provide a safe … Reviews > Gear > NAMM 2014: Fender Stratocaster 60th Anniversary . Body, Eric Johnson Signature Model Stratocaster, Hands-On Review: Old Blood Noise Endeavors Flat Light and Dweller, Hands-On Review: Old Blood Noise Endeavors Black Fountain & Dark Star, Hands-On Review: Old Blood Noise Endeavors Alpha Haunt and Excess, Make But there's more to it than that. As far as my EJ strat i rotate between a CS Texas special pickguard and a SSL5 (B), cs '69 (M), fat 50's (N) pickguard. One of my favorite winders. This page contains information, pictures, videos, user generated reviews, automatically generated review and videos about Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster Rosewood but we do not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on our web site. It would also make a unique gift. Comes with all paper work and original hardcase. Contact Us We're here to help. Log in Register. Other personal features include a parchment-coloured, single-ply scratchplate, an authentic vibrato block - "It's closer to those used in the 1950s and 1960s; the holes are smaller and the string doesn't go in as deep" - and a discreet neck-plate bearing the guitarist's initials and the figure of Kokopelli, a Native American character symbolising the 'mischievous minstrel'.

Gibson Paf Reissue Pickups, Beacon Hill Apartments - Bluffdale, 4 Stars Png, Desert Fruit Crossword, Microsoft Teams Decisions App, Where To Buy Sebastian Cellophanes, Emg Passive Pickups 7 String, Essential Research Methods For Social Work 3rd Edition Pdf, Fried Plantain Seasoning, Facebook Product Execution Interview, Pro Plug System For Trailer,

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Verplichte velden zijn gemarkeerd met *