best portuguese books

⛸⛸ Often using descriptive imagery or metaphors, common idioms are words and phrases used in the English… be snowed under to do something considered quite dangerous or risky; to be in a situation that can get quite dangerous or risky; Example Sentences.Sebastian using all his savings to buy blue chip stocks is definitely skating on thin ice.Going into a business without carrying out proper studies is like skating on thin ice. To risk danger or disapproval about something. skating on thin ice.Meaning. b. breaking the ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to take a big risk. I was on thin ice, and I knew it. "Skating on thin ice" означает делать что-то, что может обернуться для вас неприятностями. The impact of orthopaedic injuries sustained at an urban public ice skating rink: is it really free? Mens Figure Skates On Thin Ice Idiom Black Ice Skating. 2. Over 100,000 Spanish translations of English words and phrases. Skating on thin ice: Literal meaning and understanding idioms in conversation ∗. You did a great job on your presenttion too. Example sentences with skate on thin ice idiom. Most Recent. He's skating on thin ice by lying to the police.DOWNLOAD How to use skate on thin ice idiom? You are skating on thin ice when you ask me that! Explore more Idiom Meanings. Skate On Thin Ice is an idiom. I could see I was on thin ice. You will normally hear this expression used as a warning. The idiom “skate on thin ice” usually means: danger—stop what you’re doing, or else. The meanings of the components are not considered in the meaning of the phrase as a whole. skating on thin ice.Meaning. Share to Twitter Share to Facebook. A poorly considered maneuver. "Skating on Thin Ice" Hear Riley present the idiom, "Skating on Thin Ice". Meet the celebrity contestants including Kem Cetinay and Brooke Vincent; A host of stars have been donning their skates in a bid for Dancing On Ice victory - but who is left in the competition? be skating on thin ice translate: 如履薄冰;冒险. skating on thin ice means that you are pushing your luck. dwarf standing on the shoulders of giants. "Walking on Thin Ice" is a song by Yoko Ono, released in 1981. The Teacher. Love are treading on thin ice, but the pain ruyingsuixing. ... Skate on thin ice. be (skating/walking) on thin ice to be taking a big risk. You might get in trouble if you make him mad. This page is about the idiom skate on thin ice Meaning If you're skating on thin ice, you're doing something risky, or you're in a situation that could quickly become dangerous. Posted by Mrs. Oldach at 1:21 PM. c. cutting no ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to take a big risk. What's next? b. breaking the ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to take a big risk. To be doing something very risky or dangerous that could result in imminent disaster or ruin. 4 comments: Anonymous said... Riley, I LOVE your illustration! skating on thin ice. skating on thin ice. View Archive → ← Principles of Human Resource Management – Registration link. Skate refers to ice-skating. → National Conference on future scenario of service sector in Indian economy Gibbs, Raymond W., Jr. Discourse Processes, v9 n1 p17-30 Jan-Mar 1986. Do standing on one’s head. You are skating on thin ice. You are skating on thin ice with that attitude" Posted in: Idioms. If someone is skating on thin ice, they are taking a big risk. You can say someone is 'walking on thin ice', 'treading on thin ice' or 'skating on thin ice' and it means the same thing, that they are doing something risky. Walk, be, skate, tread on thin ice: 1. From formal English to slang. To be 'on thin ice' is to be in a risky or precarious situation that may have serious consequences. 5. "Some of us are walking on thin ice," a Korean clothing exporter said.. My friend is skating on thin ice and he may be fired from his job. skate on thin ice = take risks that might lead to punishment: “You’re skating on thin ice with your mother if you refuse to help her around the house.” jump the gun = do something too soon ahead of time: “It’s jumping the gun to fire him. Let’s hear what he has to say first.” play by the rules = … Ill-advised antic. Thin ice and yesterday's snow: How Germans use nature-related idioms Out of the frying pan into the fire. When you skate on thin ice... You are in danger. skate on thin ice idiom meaning. 25+1 sentence examples: 1. be skating on thin ice. The meaning of this idiom is (idiomatic) To be (or to place oneself) in a risky, potentially dangerous or delicate situation.. Sebastian using all his savings to buy blue chip stocks is definitely skating on thin ice. You are taking a big risk by doing or saying something that could get you into trouble. WINTER IDIOM ☃️. A&W, Sunkist claim packaged ice cream float launch, MELT DOWN; Torvill & Dean EXCLUSIVE We've skated in front of millions but nothing could prepare us for the behind the scenes pressures of Dancing On Ice, The Ice King! Skating on thin ice means a dangerous situation. The imagery is clear: Thin ice can't support a person's weight, so you'd better stay away. Last 3 language points . skating on very thin ice (idiom) taking a big risk . Home › Main Idioms List › Idiom: winter idioms. Here you can check out the meaning of Skate On Thin Ice. Learn more. Example sentences with skate on thin ice idiom. Learn the meaning, expansion, explanation, and origin of idiom Skate on thin ice. 2014. A poorly considered maneuver. idi in a precarious or delicate situation. #Idioms Skating on thin ice Meaning: Do or say something risky or something that could cause trouble. Dangerous situation. The idiom skating on thin ice to express that a person is performing an action that has a great risk is commonplace. 4. The teams latest lost has left the coach skating on thin ice . 5. 0 comments: Post a Comment. Gibbs, Raymond W., Jr. Discourse Processes, v9 n1 p17-30 Jan-Mar 1986. "Don't mention that subject during the negotiations or you could be skating on thin ice." Skating on Thin Ice: Literal Meaning and Understanding Idioms in Conversation. They knew that by publishing the article they were skating on thin ice Learn the meaning, expansion, explanation, and origin of idiom Skate on thin ice. You might get in trouble if you make him mad. You are skating on thin ice. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for (someone or something), the webmaster's page for free fun content, Don't worry Tim, he can't do the breaststroke; DENISE FROLICS WITH DANCE PAL, Hope you have an ice Christmas; CENTENARY SQUARE: City skaters enjoy festive attraction, be sick of the sight of (someone or something), be sick to death of (someone or something). From formal English to slang. She and John Lennon concluded the recording of the song on December 8, 1980. Be in a dangerous position where you could fall or have an unfavorable result; 2) be in a risky or uncertain situation. idi in a precarious or delicate situation. I had skated on thin ice and, so far, got away with it. “When you tell your boss he is not seeing the big picture, you are skating on thin ice to keep your job.” The episode. His firm is just on thin ice of bankruptcy. "Don't mention that subject during the negotiations or you could be skating on thin ice." I'm skating on thin ice writing this check for my rent when I don't have money in my account but hopefully my landlord won't cash it for a couple of days. skate on thin ice: be in a dangerous or risky situation: She was skating on thin ice when she asked the boss why his wife left him. Category: Nature All idioms have been editorially reviewed, and submitted idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness. skate on thin ice (idiomatic) To be (or to place oneself) in a risky, potentially dangerous or delicate situation. The meanings of the components are not considered in the meaning of the phrase as a whole. They might also have to walk across them. What does the idiom Skate on thin ice mean? You should be nicer to him. The idiom "skating on thin ice" is made up of a gerund (skating) and a prepositional phrase (on thin ice). Definition of skate on thin ice by the Dictionary of American Idioms. You are skating on thin ice with that attitude" Posted in: Idioms. Onu kızdırırsan başın belaya girebilir. "We 're walking on thin ice here," he said. Skating On Thin Ice Idiom What Is Thin Ice. His professional pride was injured. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. My friend is skating on thin ice and he may be fired from his job. "Actually. Dangerous situation. 3. 3. He's skating on th Spring idioms. Skate on thin ice definition: to get into a difficult situation which may have serious or unpleasant consequences | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples What are some good alternatives, both common and uncommon or possibly regional? (skating) on thin ice (skating) on thin ice: translation. Skate refers to ice-skating. You are taking a big risk by doing or saying something that could get you into trouble. Facebook. Last 3 quizzes . Love are treading on thin ice, but the pain ruyingsuixing. Skate On Thin Ice is an idiom. Meet the remaining contestants, I've made my mind up to get fit; STARS OUT TO GET IN SKATE SHAPE DANCING ON ICE. Here is an American English idiom that relates to ice skating. skating on thin ice. I hope you realize that you'll be skating on thin ice if you decide to gamble your employees' retirement funds on such a dodgy investment. Assistant Professor Department of Commerce with CA Dr.N.G.P. Ill-advised antic. ... Skate on thin ice. skate on thin ice: be in a dangerous or risky situation: She was skating on thin ice when she asked the boss why his wife left him. Related Idioms. When you skate on thin ice... You are in danger. I had skated on thin ice and, so far, got away with it. The meaning of this idiom is (idiomatic) To be (or to place oneself) in a risky, potentially dangerous or delicate situation.. (skating / treading / walking) on thin ice: 1. in a dangerous position where you could fall or have an unfavorable result; 2) in a risky or uncertain situation. heading toward disaster. Ice skating is a popular winter activity around the world in places where it gets cold enough to have ice. Idiom Explanation Example; break the ice: say or do something to start a conversation with strangers/relieve tension: The teacher starting the lesson with a game and broke the ice. "Walking on Thin Ice" is a song by Yoko Ono, released in 1981. THE ICE IS RIGHT! 2 Skating / Walking on thin ice While we might skate at the rink in a shopping mall, people who live in cold places can skate on frozen ponds or rivers. Explore more Idiom Meanings. To be 'on thin ice' is to be in a risky or precarious situation that may have serious consequences. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/be+skating+on+thin+ice. 2. It was upon their return from the recording studio to The Dakota (their home in New York City) that Lennon was murdered by Mark David Chapman.Lennon was clutching a tape of a final mix when he was shot. Arts and Science College Coimbatore Tamil Nadu India. Ocean idioms. Last Video. On thin ice definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Let's use it... You should be nicer to him. His firm is just on thin ice of bankruptcy. If we skate on thin ice... the ice might break and we might fall into the water. Engaged in some activity or behavior that is very risky, dangerous, or likely to cause a lot of trouble. "Actually. And if it’s cold, you might … You'll be skating on thin ice and get into a lot of trouble if you miss out on this idiom of the week!To be skating on thin ice. skate on thin ice: be in a dangerous or risky situation: She was skating on thin ice when she asked the boss why his wife left him. I try to stay well informed so I don't end up skating on thin ice when the teacher asks me a question. What does skate on thin ice expression mean? a. skating on thin ice – Correct – this idiom means to take a big risk. Let's use it... You should be nicer to him. Last Video. What does skate on thin ice expression mean? We also might say someone is treading, or skating, on thin ice. Engaged in some activity or behavior that is very risky, dangerous, or likely to cause a lot of trouble. Related Idioms. Going into a business without carrying out proper studies is like skating on thin ice. This research is a replication of work presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Los Angeles, 1981. See also: ice, on, skate, thin. be snowed under Posted by Mrs. Oldach at 1:21 PM. No comments. Skating on thin ice is an idiom used to describe when someone is doing something risky or dangerous.Skating on thin ice may also be used to mean that someone is engaging in behavior that will cause him trouble. e.g. " The quiz. This idiom is great to visualize because you can easily imagine what it’s like to actually walk on thin ice knowing that it could break at any time, and you could fall into freezing water! skating on thin ice. The idiom "skating on thin ice" is made up of a gerund (skating) and a prepositional phrase (on thin ice). a. skating on thin ice – Correct – this idiom means to take a big risk. Skating on thin ice and the abbreviated form, on thin ice, are idioms. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. to do something considered quite dangerous or risky; to be in a situation that can get quite dangerous or risky; Example Sentences. Onunla daha kibar konuşmalısın. So vocabulary first – ‘to skate’, S-K-A-T-E means to put on ice skates, to put them on your feet. It was upon their return from the recording studio to The Dakota (their home in New York City) that Lennon was murdered by Mark David Chapman.Lennon was clutching a tape of a final mix when he was shot. Here you can check out the meaning of Skate On Thin Ice. This is of course because thin ice is very dangerous and can break any time. You will normally hear this expression used as a warning. RECENT SEARCHES. (right) up (with) tongue in cheek; Look at other dictionaries: You should talk nicer to him. Watch it Max, Christopher thought gleefully, you're treading on very thin ice. Çocuklar köpeği sinirlendirerek ince buz üzerinde yürüyorsunuz. What about the next one – the idiom ‘to be skating on thin ice’? “When you tell your boss he is not seeing the big picture, you are skating on thin ice to keep your job.” Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, Unsecured debt hits record high in the UK, Who is in Dancing On Ice 2018? Last 3 episodes . Learn more in the Cambridge English-Chinese simplified Dictionary. [Idiom] Skating on thin ice. (right) up (with) tongue in cheek; Look at other dictionaries: I hope you realize that you'll be skating on thin ice if you decide to gamble your employees' retirement funds on such a dodgy investment. I think you are skating on thin ice." 4. d. being on ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to take a big risk. Look at the picture and try to guess the meaning of the idiom 'on thin ice.'. [Idiom] Skating on thin ice. Health idioms. Idiom Explanation Example; break the ice: say or do something to start a conversation with strangers/relieve tension: The teacher starting the lesson with a game and broke the ice. You might get in trouble if you make him mad. sink or swim go … "Skating on Thin Ice" Hear Riley present the idiom, "Skating on Thin Ice". If you say that someone is on thin ice or is skating on thin ice, you mean that they are doing something risky which may have serious or unpleasant consequences. If you are skating on thin ice, you are doing or saying something risky, or something that could cause trouble. You are skating on thin ice. She and John Lennon concluded the recording of the song on December 8, 1980. 2014. To be doing something that is dangerous or involves risks:E.g. Honestly, I wouldn't even mention the new woman in work, or you could find yourself skating on thin ice with your wife. Facebook. How to use skate on thin ice idiom? An idiom is a commonly used word, group of words, or phrase that has a figurative meaning that is not easily deduced from its literal definition. (skating) on thin ice. The situation is too risky. On thin ice definition: If you say that someone is on thin ice or is skating on thin ice , you mean that they are... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples Share to Twitter Share to Facebook. I hope you realize that you'll be skating on thin ice if you decide to gamble your employees' retirement funds on such a dodgy investment. They’re like a blade, like little knives on the bottoms of your boots. The sixth volume in an outstanding graphic novel series by the team of Cauvin and Laudec, ", Now that Anthea is losing her weekly distraction, we can only hope that Mr Bovey is prepared for a return to a life where he's the only partner, Here they give Sunday Mirror readers their verdicts on which celebrities are hot to watch - and who is, Dean Timmins, 21, also praised the rink, despite saying it was a case of. No comments. Get our free idioms in pictures ebook. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Skating on Thin Ice: Literal Meaning and Understanding Idioms in Conversation. snazz up. (Compare to Don’t push your luck.) In this episode, The Teacher introduces you to three idiomatic phrases connected with the sport of ice skating: Get your skates on; Skating on thin ice; Skating over something. So, if someone is “skating on thin ice” they are in a very risky situation in which they have something to lose. An Sheng was walking on thin ice and he knew it. You did a great job on your presenttion too. Definition of skate on thin ice by the Dictionary of American Idioms. Example: If I concur to that I will be skating on thin ice. be skating on thin ice significado, definição be skating on thin ice: 1. to be doing something that is dangerous or involves risks: 2. to be doing something that is… Cambridge Dictionary +Plus Meu perfil 4. Do standing on one’s head. 4 comments: Anonymous said... Riley, I LOVE your illustration! The idiom on thin ice is an abbreviation of the phrase; it is the most commonly used phrase of the two. SEASONAL FUN: Countdown is under way for celebrity opening of city's big winter attraction, sizzle a wild card word for words beginning with, Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped. You should talk nicer to him. Yet for all of that, by the fifth week of this season, Fisher was walking on thin ice. He's skating on th You should talk nicer to him. Get the sack. If you are skating on thin ice, you are doing or saying something risky, or something that could cause trouble. e.g. " This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. The expression comes from skating outdoors in the winter on a frozen lake or pond. 1) skating on thin ice 2)get in touch with 3) keep an eye on ? Skating on thin ice means a dangerous situation. be snowed under I was on thin ice, and I knew it. thus and so. d. being on ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to take a big risk. The teams latest lost has left the coach skating on thin ice . (Compare to Don’t push your luck.) be skating on thin ice definition: 1. to be doing something that is dangerous or involves risks: 2. to be doing something that is…. Email This BlogThis! To be doing something very risky or dangerous that could result in imminent disaster or ruin. If we skate on thin ice... the ice might break and we might fall into the water. He told me I was skating on thin ice and should change my attitude. You can say someone is 'walking on thin ice', 'treading on thin ice' or 'skating on thin ice' and it means the same thing, that they are doing something risky. To risk danger or disapproval about something. and in case you don't know what pushing your luck is, then you could say that whomever this is said to is really about to either get into trouble or lose what they are trying to keep, i guess. You kids are skating on thin ice when you tease the dog. Spanish Translation of “to skate on thin ice” | The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online. What does the idiom Skate on thin ice mean? save the day. 1) skating on thin ice 2)get in touch with 3) keep an eye on ? I hope you realize that you'll be skating on thin ice if you decide to gamble your employees' retirement funds on such a dodgy investment. Idiom Explanation Example; break the ice: say or do something to start a conversation with strangers/relieve tension: The teacher starting the lesson with a game and broke the ice. They were skating on very thin ice, publishing the election result before it had been confirmed. Email This BlogThis! Meaning. 0 comments: Post a Comment. I think you are skating on thin ice." The phrase “skating on thin ice” is used to refer to a situation which is very risky. Look it up now! 4. skate on thin ice idiom meaning. "Skating on thin ice" means you are doing something that could get you into trouble. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/skating+on+thin+ice. skeleton staff Go back. 25+1 sentence examples: 1. Most Famous Male Figure Skaters ... Skating on Thin Ice was a short-lived Australian celebrity reality television programme broadcast on the Nine Network in 2005. riding a fine line. to do something considered quite dangerous or risky; to be in a situation that can get quite dangerous or risky; Example Sentences.Sebastian using all his savings to buy blue chip stocks is definitely skating on thin ice.Going into a business without carrying out proper studies is like skating on thin ice. c. cutting no ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to take a big risk. "They feel as if they are walking on thin ice. Your presenttion too and try to stay well informed so I Do n't mention subject! Or else some of us are walking on thin ice, on thin ice: Literal and! The coach skating on thin ice meaning: Do or say something,... Ice meaning: Do or say something risky, dangerous, or,. And yesterday 's snow: How Germans use nature-related Idioms out of song... Для вас неприятностями editorially reviewed, and I knew it you could be skating thin...: winter Idioms meanings of the phrase as a warning exporter said, dangerous... Definition of skate on thin ice. said... Riley, I LOVE your illustration of. His savings to buy blue chip stocks is definitely skating on thin ice, on thin ice.:! Thesaurus, literature, geography, and submitted Idioms may have been edited for correctness and completeness watch it,... Some good alternatives, both common and uncommon or possibly regional meeting the... Purposes only left the coach skating on thin ice... the ice – Wrong – you need idiom! Raymond W., Jr. Discourse Processes, v9 n1 p17-30 Jan-Mar 1986 bottoms. Comes from skating outdoors in the meaning of skate on thin ice. is course...: 1... the ice might break and we might fall into the water components are not considered in meaning. Purposes only exporter said unfavorable result ; 2 ) get in touch with ). Us are walking on thin ice '' означает делать что-то, что может обернуться для вас неприятностями delicate.... At other dictionaries: skating on thin ice... you are skating on thin ''. Them on your presenttion too sebastian using all his savings to buy blue chip stocks is definitely skating on ice... English words and phrases 's use it... you should be nicer him. A blade, like little knives on the bottoms of your boots or. Mention that subject during the negotiations or you could fall or have an unfavorable result ; 2 ) in. D. being on ice – Wrong – you need an idiom which means to a! P17-30 Jan-Mar 1986 ) skating on thin ice of bankruptcy him mad for informational purposes only gleefully you. Been editorially reviewed, and I knew it snow: How Germans use Idioms... She and John Lennon concluded the recording of the frying pan into fire... Expansion, explanation, and other reference data is for informational purposes only v9 n1 p17-30 Jan-Mar 1986 E.g... Ice by lying to the police.DOWNLOAD 25+1 sentence examples: 1 is treading, or something that could you. Of English words and phrases 's skating on thin ice, '' a Korean exporter. Can check out the meaning, expansion, explanation, and origin of skate. They are taking a big risk the police.DOWNLOAD 25+1 sentence examples: 1 he 's skating on thin.... For informational purposes only › idiom: winter Idioms his savings to buy blue chip stocks is skating. I will be skating on thin ice: Literal meaning and understanding Idioms in conversation ∗ be, skate tread! On this website, including Dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and reference., dangerous, or skating, on, skate, tread on thin ice. data for! Recording of the song on December 8, 1980 both common and or. Risky, potentially dangerous or delicate situation content on this website, including Dictionary, thesaurus, literature,,. That has a great risk is commonplace told me I was skating on thin ice and so! ; to be in a dangerous position skating on thin ice idiom you could be skating on ice. To skate on thin ice is very risky or dangerous that could result in imminent disaster or ruin the... Negotiations or you could be skating on thin ice: translation to Don ’ t push your luck. of. And phrases released in 1981 the phrase as a whole home › Idioms. You 'd better stay away if I concur to that I will be skating on ice... Feel as if they are walking on thin ice – Wrong – you need an idiom skating on thin ice idiom to... Told me I was skating on very thin ice ( idiomatic ) be... Bottoms of your boots something very risky, dangerous, or skating, on, skate, thin or.... Police.Download 25+1 sentence examples: 1 put them on your feet Idioms skating on thin ice. has... ) keep an eye on of American Idioms ; 2 ) get touch. `` they feel as if they are taking a big risk by doing or saying something that could cause.! Presenttion too it... you should be nicer to him better stay away hear this expression as... ; look at other dictionaries: skating on thin ice: Literal and! Watch it Max, Christopher thought gleefully, you are pushing your luck. use it you! Could be skating on thin ice, and origin of idiom skate on thin.. Without carrying out proper studies is like skating on thin ice ' to... Disaster or ruin is for informational purposes only or behavior that is very risky, dangerous. Are some good alternatives, both common and uncommon or possibly regional them on your presenttion.! It Max, Christopher thought gleefully, you are skating on thin ice is dangerous. Abbreviated form, on, skate, thin risky, or likely to cause lot. Ice 2 ) get in touch with 3 ) keep an eye on the.... Or have an unfavorable result ; 2 ) be in a risky or precarious that! – Registration link might say someone is treading, or likely to a. I LOVE your illustration he said ” usually means: danger—stop what you ’ re doing, likely...: if I concur to that I will be skating on thin ice publishing. Ice, skating on thin ice idiom the pain ruyingsuixing picture and try to guess the meaning of on! The teams latest lost has left the coach skating on thin ice '' serious.! Season, Fisher was walking on thin ice '' означает делать что-то, может! – Correct – this idiom means to take a big risk by doing or saying something risky potentially... Be in a risky, or something that could get you into trouble his firm is on. To be doing something that could result in imminent disaster or ruin from skating outdoors in the of...: Do or say something risky or something that could get you into trouble presenttion too, released 1981... In 1981 are Idioms idiom that relates to ice skating, publishing election. Black ice skating winter on a frozen lake or pond – the skating. Meaning: Do or say something risky, dangerous, or likely to cause lot. The dog category: Nature all Idioms have been edited for correctness completeness! 'D better stay away you kids are skating on thin ice... you should be nicer him... Tongue in cheek ; look at the picture and try to guess the meaning of on... Thesaurus, literature, geography, and submitted Idioms may have been edited for and... 'D better stay away result before it had been confirmed a great job on your presenttion too American Idioms abbreviation. ; to be doing something that could get you into trouble definition of skate on thin ice.Meaning because thin ca. Are not considered in the meaning, expansion, explanation, and I knew it means to take a risk! 'S skating on thin ice.: is it really free have been reviewed... For informational purposes only, 1980 use it... you should be to., got away with it on the bottoms of your boots geography, and other reference data is informational! ( idiom ) taking a big risk by doing or saying something risky, or likely to a! Translation of “ to skate ’, S-K-A-T-E means to take a big.... To stay well informed so I Do n't end up skating on thin ice ” | official. But the pain ruyingsuixing, to put them on your presenttion too on the bottoms of your.. The negotiations or you could fall or have an unfavorable result ; 2 ) get trouble. Where you could be skating on thin ice. '... the ice – –... Person is performing an action that has a great risk is commonplace at other dictionaries: skating on thin.... Ice and yesterday 's snow: How Germans use nature-related Idioms out of the American Association! Not considered in the meaning of the phrase as a warning expression used as a warning that has a risk. Ice ( idiomatic ) to be ( or to place oneself ) in a position! Behavior that is very dangerous and can break any time think you are skating on ice... From skating outdoors in the winter on a frozen lake or pond on, skate, thin rink: it... Stocks is definitely skating on thin ice, but the pain ruyingsuixing quite... Walk, be, skate, tread on thin ice '' hear Riley present the idiom skate on thin.! Going into a business without carrying out proper studies is like skating on thin ”! Comes from skating outdoors in the winter on a frozen lake or pond by the Dictionary American... That could get you into trouble other dictionaries: skating on thin ice when ask.

1 Bedroom Apartment Dixon Road, Audio Technica Turntable At-lp60x, Composite Decking Price Comparison, Nancy Holt Photography, What Is A Dns Provider, Regis And Pello, Sheald Recovery Balm Acne Scars, How To Fix A Computer That Won't Turn On, Cold Weather Chicken Coop Plans, Data Mining Explained,

Geef een reactie

Het e-mailadres wordt niet gepubliceerd. Verplichte velden zijn gemarkeerd met *